Indian Air Force Recruitment for Flying/Technical/Ground Duty Officers
Indian Air Force Recruitment on 31 December 2015
The Indian Air Force was officially established on 8 October 1932.Its first ac flight came into being on 01 Apr 1933. It possessed a strength of six RAF-trained officers and 19 Havai Sepoys (literally, air soldiers). The aircraft inventory comprised of four Westland Wapiti IIA army co-operation biplanes at Drigh Road as the “A” Flight nucleus of the planned No.1 (Army Co- operation) Squadron.
The IAF VR was now inducted into the regular Indian Air Force, the individual flights initially retaining their coastal defence status, but with Japan’s entry into the war in December, No. 4 Flight, with four Wapitis and two Audaxes, was despatched to Burma to operate from Moulmein. Unfortunately, four of the flight’s six aircraft were promptly lost to Japanese bombing and, late in January 1942, No. 4 Flight gave place in Moulmein to No. 3 Flight which had meanwhile re-equipped with four ex-RAF Blenheim ls. For a month, these Blenheims were to provide almost the sole air cover for ships arriving at Rangoon harbour… See More
Posts of Flying/Technical/Ground Duty Officers
Candidate should have 20 – 26 years old.
|Flying Branch||Height and Weight: Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg Length : Min – 99 cms. Max – 120 cms.Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms.Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms. Max – 96 cms. (ii)
Vision: (a) Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia. (b) Manifest Myopia – Nil. (c) LASIK Surgery for correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short Service Commission (Flying Branch) if the following conditions are fulfilled at the time of Air Force medical examination:- (i) LASIK Surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20 years. (ii) The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master. (iii) At least twelve months should have lapsed post uncomplicate stable LASIK. No history or evidence of any complication. (iv) The post LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns. (v) Individuals with high refractive errors (>6D) prior to LASIK are to be excluded. Candidates must not suffer from colour or night blindness.
|Technical Branch||(i) Height and Weight: Minimum height :- Men – 157.5 Cms, Women:- 152 Cms with correlated weight . (ii) All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.|
|Ground Duty Branches||(i) Height and Weight: Minimum height :- Men – 157.5 Cms, Women:- 152 Cms with correlated weight . (ii) All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.|
How to Apply:
1) Online mode of application.
2) Interested candidates can submit online application on 31 December 2015.
3) If you meet the eligibility criteria, please click on “CANDIDATE LOGIN” in the career website of
IAF www.careerairforce.nic.in and follow the instructions. You are advised to note down
Registration number for future correspondence.
4) Candidates are advised to read the notification for AFCAT 01 / 2016 and the detailed guidelines for filling up Online application as given in the website www.careerairforce.nic.in prior to commencement of filling up Online applications.
5) While filling Online application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available, as details are to be filled as per matriculation & other educational certificates. Please save your recent colour passport size photograph (size 10 to 50 KB) in the computer for uploading it with your Online application form.
6) Please note that utmost care needs to be taken while filling up the Online application.
7) In case any information is found to be incorrect then the candidature is likely to be cancelled at any stage of the selection process. Submission of more than one application will result in cancellation of candidature 31 December 2015.
Link Address: Apply Online