Assam Public Service Commission (PSC)
The Assam Public Service Commission came into existence on Ist April, 1937 in accordance with the provision of the Govt. of India Act, 1935 with Mr James Hezelett, a retired ICS officer from London, as its first Chairman. Till framing a new regulation in 1951, five more officers mostly retired ICS officer, held the office of the Chairman for different period after Mr James Hezelett. On India becoming Republic, the regulations of the Commission were framed by the Governor of Assam in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 318 of the Constitution of India and the same came into force w.e.f. Ist September 1951. Also in the same year the Assam Public Service Commission (Limitation of Functions) Regulation was promulgated in exercise of the powers conferred by the provision of clause II of Article 320 of the Constitution.
1) Candidate should possess Any Degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India
2) Other Educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be Deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
1) Rs 50/- for SC, ST (P) & ST (H).
2) For others Rs 100/-
To be deposited only through e-Challan with State Bank of India.
How to Apply:
Candidates are required to apply for the preliminary exam.Through online mode only, no other mode for submission of application is allowed.
1) Instructions for filling up online form have been uploaded in APSC website www.apsc.nic.in . Candidates should carefully go through the instructions while filling up forms.
2) Candidates are not required to send any document i.e. the online application form, registration slip, bank challan or the journal entry confirmation slip etc. to the office of the Commission.
3) Since the applications are submitted online, the question of submission of applications through proper channel in case of the candidates already employed becomes redundant. However, such candidates shall intimate their appropriate appointing authority about submission of application in writing.
4) The candidates already employed should note that the prerogative for according permission to appear in C.C. (Preliminary & Main) Examinations join services on being selected by the Commission in due course of time shall rest upon the appropriate authority. The Commission shall not be in any way responsible/accountable.
5) Online form may be filled up w.e.f. 12.00 AM of 08/07/2015 to 12.00 Midnight of 27/07/2015 only. No application can be filled up after expiry of the given time as the link will be disabled.
6) PWD (Persons With Disability) candidates are to inform the Commission in writing for scribe if required, within one month of the expiry of the closing date for online submission of application. (Commission’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The applicants are advised to submit only a single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that the application with the higher Registration Number is complete in all respects which will be accepted by the Commission. The fee paid against one Registration Number shall not be adjusted against any other Registration Number.
Link Address: See More a full Instruction